May 25, 2011

Meet & Greet: JadeRoseBoutique

Betti has been sewing, quilting, crocheting, and paper folding since she was a child. She has muscular dystrophy and spends her day is in a wheel chair.  Now that her daughter is grown up she has time to spend her days sewing at her sewing machine and crocheting when she is relaxing.

Wheelchair Accessories Walker Bag Tote Custom
Here is what Betti had to share with us today:

I am retired and live in beautiful Bucks County Pennsylvania, where I am inspired every day by the scenery from my back porch.

I raised a daughter who now lives in NYC. I was always quilting and making crocheted items for her and playing around with origami.

Dangle Earrings Ombre Gold Yellow Sun
I kept all the left over fabric, yarn, and paper. Since I hate waste, I feel compelled to use up all my supplies.

I made a pocket scarf to keep my supplies handy while rolling around the house - I have a rare form of muscular dystrophy - and everyone told me to sell them. So that is how my Etsy shop started.

Walker Wheelchair Quilted Art Tote bag 
Soon I was making vintage earrings to use up some roman shade rings left over from making earrings for my daughter.

I think it is important to take care of our planet by reusing, repurposing, and recycling. Creating new items out of old keeps me going mentally and spiritually and prevents boredom.

I love being able to make whatever I want whenever I want!

Mens cuff links Lucky Dice
Visit Betti online:
www.facebook.com/jaderoseboutique
www.jaderoseboutique.blogspot.com - began this to give free patterns to a friend I met on my MDA, the muscular dystrophy website.
twitter.com/#!/rollingrock53

Thanks Betti for sharing your story with us!!

See you next week,
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

1 comment:

  1. The work on that quilted art tote bag is really pretty! I wish I had the patience to quilt like that, it's such an awesome talent! Thanks for sharing {nice to meet you Betti!}

    ReplyDelete