March 2, 2011

Meet & Greet: byABPryor

Ang loves creating treasures from found objects and things others commonly discard, and embellishes everything.

Ang sells upcycled Art, accessories, housewares, vintage and more.

Funky Toy Hess Truck Tire Swing Earrings
I asked her a few questions about herself and her shop and this is what she had to say:

Tell us a little about yourself and what you sell.
I'm a wife and stay-at-home mom. I am a former fashion international merchandiser. I create ooak jewelry and houseware pieces from recycled vintage jewelry, found objects and junk. I also sell vintage items.

Why did you decide to work with upcycled/recycled/repurposed/vintage materials?
This was an evolving process. I originally started with beading. However, I became increasingly interested in trash to treasure creations. I can't justify throwing out an items because it is no longer used for its original purpose. I can create new pieces that have meaning and history. Every piece has a story... just like people.

One Mod Pop Plastic Record LP Holder
What is your favorite thing about running your etsy shop?
First of all Etsy is an amazing organization. It gives artists an easy interactive venue to share their creations. It is affordable and user friendly. I enjoy all of the means of communications between the sellers and buyers. Also, the opportunity to join in on the learning process. Etsy wants us to succeed. If we succeed then they do... I enjoy being apart of this amazing, giving community. My favorite part? I get to do it on MY time!

Bourbon Street Liquor Label Necklace Vintage REMIXED
What inspires you to create/sell what you do?
I find inspiration in everyday living...fashion, nature, entertainment and relationships. I need to place more of my creations online... that's a confidence hurdle I'm trying to overcome. With the help of Upcyclers I will! ;)

Where we can find you on the web
www.tomboyaroundtown.blogspot.com - My junking adventures & upcycled creations
www.creativesoulfulsexy.blogspot.com - My life, times & musings
www.usableart.blogspot.com - My creations' store page
www.byABPryor.etsy.com - My Etsy Store
www.facebook.com/byABPryor - My Facebook Page

Thanks Ang!

See you next week,
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

1 comment: