March 16, 2011

Meet & Greet - BreatheCouture

Jennifer from BreatheCouture collected vintage lace, ribbon, and jewellery, since she was a little girl and loves mixing these components with new materials for a modern twist.

Her one of a kind pieces are all about fantasy and fairy tails.  Her jewelry and accessories are created from at least 50% recycled/repurposed vintage materials.

Vintage Reversible Floral Fabric Shabby Chic
I asked Jennifer a few questions about herself and her business, here's what she had to say:

Tell us a little about yourself and what you sell.
I'm Jennifer and my jewelry and accessories (and soon clothing) is inspired by my love of vintage, antique items. I am particularly drawn to the Victorian, Gothic and Medieval style. My items are mainly One of a Kind and made with vintage materials such as rare Swarovski crystals, antique laces and trims, recycled vintage fabrics. Fantasy and Fairy Tales are also a huge inspiration to my work.

Sunset Rare Vintage Swarovski Color Changing 
Why did you decide to work with upcycled/recycled/repurposed/vintage materials?
I've been fond of vintage fabrics and trim since I was a young girl searching through my grandmothers closets. Both my grandmothers did hand sewing and needle point. One worked as a seamstress for many years. I've collected vintage materials over the years as well as saved used clothing/materials to re-use and repurpose. I love creating something unique with old materials that simply can't be found anymore. Customers get something unique and one of a kind. This is rare in a world full of so much mass produced items and waste.

Vintage Silk Cream Headband with Aurora Borealis
What is your favorite thing about running your etsy shop?
Getting wonderful feedback from happy customers. That makes my day! I also really love meeting other sellers and being part of supportive teams in the Etsy community.

Vintage Crystal Rhinestone and Pearl Bracelet 
What inspires you to create/sell what you do?
I get a lot of my inspiration from movies, books, researching vintage garments and costume design. I also keep track of fashion trends, and watch what people are wearing, weather it's celebrity style, or people on the street.

Where we can find you on the web?
Jennifer Koning, Designer, Breathe Couture
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/BreatheCouture
Web: www.breathecouture.com
Twitter: twitter.com/BreatheCouture
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BreatheCouture

Thanks for sharing Jennifer!

See you next week,
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

1 comment:

  1. I've been a fan of Jennifer's shop since the first time I browsed through it! I was taken by the romantic, chic and classic style of her creations~ absolutely divine~ Thanks for sharing your story with us, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete