February 21, 2011

Monday Makeover with Upcyclers!

upcycled t-shirt pillows 

from things i Green and do not Green 

         a.k.a. thevicagirl on Etsy!

I have collected a lot of t-shirts over the years, shirts that I can't get rid of because I love them so much. A lot of them do not fit me anymore. Most are not in style. It is a bit odd to be wearing my high school choir shirts in my 20's. Some people can pull the look off, but I am not one of them. So what did I decide to do with them? Pillows.


Step 1) Gather the shirts to be transformed.



Step 2) Choose what part of the shirt will be saved, and cut a square out of both the front and the back.



Step 3) Put the 'wrong' sides together (aka: the front and back outside of the shirt) and sew around the edge. Make sure to save a few inches to turn inside out and stuff.



Step 4) Turn inside out, and stuff.



Step 5) Sew up the hole. And enjoy!

Another fun idea is a bag instead of a pillow. Just don't close one end, hem that side up, and add handles.

thevicagirl is a member of Upcyclers and you can check out her blog:
things i Green and do not Green and her shop on Etsy!


1 comment: